Slab Leak Repair
Slab Leak Repair in Alexandria, VA, and Nearby Areas
You don’t want to discover slab leaks beneath your Fairfax home. But when you do, it’s essential to address the problem as soon as possible. Otherwise, it can cause significant damage to your home.
At The Pipe Doctor Plumbing & Drain, our specialists can quickly uncover slab leaks and apply the necessary repairs to protect your home from damage and your family from danger.
If you need emergency slab leak repair in Fairfax, VA, The Pipe Doctor is the only team you need.
What Are Slab Leaks (And How Are They Repaired)?
Pipes run beneath the concrete slab foundation of your home. If the pipe fails due to improper installation, shifting soils, construction works, or any number of reasons, it will leak water beneath the slab.
This can undermine your home’s foundation, causing walls to bow, cracks to form, doors to stick, and other problems that can make the house structurally unsound and significantly increase the cost of repairs.
Slab leaks can be repaired using trenchless techniques to insert and inflate epoxy pipe liners to seal the pipe. Within a few hours, the liner will cure, and the pipe will be permanently sealed. We can also repipe or reroute the water and, if necessary, tunnel beneath the floor to repair the pipe. Depending on the type of repair, it may take a few hours or a few days to complete.
What Causes Slab Leaks?
Many things can cause a slab leak. While most slab leaks occur in older homes, it’s not unheard of to find slab leaks beneath recently built homes. Some of the most common causes we encounter in Fairfax and surrounding communities are:
- Improperly built foundations: If the foundation isn’t adequately reinforced or cured, it can settle or set incorrectly, exposing the pipes to damage.
- Shifting soils: The expansion/contraction of soil and the erosion caused by leaking water can damage pipes and accelerate the damage caused by the leak.
- Corrosion: Both hard and soft water can cause pinhole leaks in your pipes. The water leaking through the pinhole will cause the soil to erode.
- Friction: If your pipes can rub against the foundation, this can puncture the pipe or cause connections to separate. The longer the movement continues, the greater the damage that can occur.
Let us restore your plumbing system to working condition in no time by trusting The Pipe Doctor with your slab leak repair needs.
Slab Leak Warning Signs
Slab leaks often have noticeable signs that are hard to miss. Paying attention to these is critical because the sooner the leak is detected, the sooner you can apply the necessary repairs. If you notice any of the following, we strongly recommend scheduling a service appointment without delay:
- Wet flooring/carpets
- Mold/mildew growth on carpets or along walls
- The sound of water running. Often, it may just sound like a trickle
- Diminished water pressure
- Hot spots on the floor
- Rising water bills without an identifiable cause.
Choose The Pipe Doctor To Fix the Problem
We know the damage slab leaks can cause, and we work quickly to resolve the problem and protect your home. When you hire our team to address your slab leak problems, we guarantee to fix the problem the same day you call. Day or night, seven days a week, our certified plumbing specialists have the tools, training, and expertise to provide the emergency services you need.
At The Pipe Doctor, we guarantee you’ll always enjoy:
- Upfront, honest pricing
- Highly trained plumbers
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Extended warranties
- Expert advice and recommendations
We’re available seven days a week to provide the assistance you need.